Well yesterday was the big day. I had my orientation followed by registration at Minnesota State University, Mankato - MNSUM for short. Boy did I feel ancient!! At 32 years young, I felt like I was the oldest person in the room. It couldn't possibly be so!! (I say with a wink.) SO the day started with all of us sitting in this huge auditorium listening to a wonderful public speaker introduce herself and what the purpose of today was and what exactly we were going to hear. Then she turned the mike over to the first speaker and we all but fell asleep. After 30 minutes of straining to hear him and understand what he was trying to say, he turned the mike over to another person who knew how to speak in public. He was loud, energetic and funny. Unfortunately he wasn't telling us anything that was of great importance. The people that needed to be heard, couldn't. I think that is pretty typical with public speaking. The people with important information never speak loud enough to be heard by the people in the front row, much less the back. Finally we break for lunch. During lunch, I got my college ID card, ate lunch and found the next room that we were supposed to be in. Of all the people there, half that were supposed to be in my room were late or those that were in my room were in the wrong room. How can that be?? We made our class schedules after lunch. Mine turned out to be mostly classes that I need for prerequisites for the College of Education. So this semester I am taking art, health, public speaking, multicultural studies, and 2 early education classes. So far only 2 of my classes require books. Yea!!
15 April 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Wendy was about that age when I pushed her into returning to school and now she is at Oxford University! I think its awesome that your going to school.
We all need goals and direction in life. Good for you!
Post a Comment