CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

25 April 2008

Weird Town

I will propose this question... What kind of bank DOES NOT want you to put your money into it?

.............

Well, the local bank that we have here doesn't want our money. Every time we move, we open a local banking account. Usually it is a savings account, it is just easier to cash checks and pay local bills out of it. So we opened an account at one of the local banks (which will remain nameless) but we made sure that it was a national bank so if we traveled out of the state, then we could still get money out of it if necessary. Recently we sold the last house that we inherited from Barry's Grandmother. Since we didn't have a loan on it, the proceeds came to us in the form of a check. This check needed to be deposited into an account. I was hesitant to sign it and send it to our normal bank in the mail, so I choose to deposit it into the local one. Big mistake on my part. When I went to deposit it, they had to get "special permission" from the bank manager to put it into our account. Then they wanted to know if I was going to leave it there because it was (and I quote) "To much money for this account." Yea, this bank is great! (I say sarcastically.) It wasn't all that much money to start with, it is just the principal of it all. Who doesn't want you to put money into their bank. That is the point of a bank!!!

0 comments: