I see it has been several months since I updated my blog - where does the time go??
So back in May I finished up the semester with straight A's. I had 4 classes and managed again to finish at the top of my classes. How I keep doing that is beyond me - it just seems to happen. Perhaps it is all the studying that I do, or perhaps it is just a bit of luck and hard work. Whatever it is, I'm not complaining! I took a summer class to lighten my load next semester. I finished the class about a week ago and now am waiting impatiently for my grade to post!
Nathan's soccer team has participated in 3 soccer tournaments. The first they were runner up, then the next 2 they won. We have traveled as far away as Eau Claire, WI for tournaments. Sometimes it is a bit of a hassle, but the boys keep winning and that is a good thing. I guess all the experience they are gaining will pay off. Nathan plays every position on the field except goalie. His coach has him play up front because of his speed. If Nathan had a choice, he would say back on defense, but he has no choice and does as the coach tells him too. He has finished school for the year. He is a freshman next year! I can hardly believe that I am the mother of a freshman! He plans on playing soccer and swimming next year for school sports.
Michael is also on a soccer team. His team is doing great. They do not play in tournaments like Nathan's team, but in regular play they have lost only 1 game out of 8. Michael also plays every position on the field - especially goalie! That is his favorite place to play. I think he likes the pressure and the glory that comes with being goalie! He also has finished school for the year. He had a fun year in 5th grade. He was in the Math Master's competition in late May and took 52nd in the state. He was disappointed because his friend won the competition and thought that he could have done better. Later this summer, he is acting in the children's play Robin Hood that is put on by the local children's theater.
Barry had his hip replaced on May 24. He is well into his recovery now. He started physical therapy this week and the therapist is pleased at how far along his progress is. She gave him more exercises to do at home and has set him up with a therapist to work with in the pool. He goes back to work after July 4th when he has his 6 week check up with the surgeon.
Last week the boys attended the British Soccer camp held here in town. One of the British coaches stayed with us for the week and we had a fun time showing her around town and getting to know her. She experienced her first ever tornado watch/severe weather on her second to last day. We had a tornado touch down about 3 miles from the house! It was a wacky evening of weather that spawned 16 tornadoes in the southern part of the state. We are very thankful that no damage was done to our house.
22 June 2010
Just an update
Posted by Barry, Vicki and the boys at 1:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment