I believe that because I have more empty time this summer, I have more time to remember to blog!
My home improvement project for this week is trying to put a wood "cap" on the top of my half wall in my living room. I love staining the wood, but when it comes to trying to figure out the angles to cut - well let's just say that I need LOTS of help with that part! I thought it would be easy! The wall comes to a 90 degree turn. Half of 90 is 45 so I thought if I cut the board at a 45 degree angle then I could just flip the piece of wood over and use the next section to match the angle perfectly! In the perfect world of my mind it worked! In reality, a big resounding smack-in-the-face NO! I forgot that the width of the blade takes extra room so I forgot to add that into my measurements, opps! and cut the board to short. There's no way to fix that mistake except by using that piece of wood somewhere else in the house. So now I have to go back to the store and buy another piece of wood to start over again. This time I will cut it before I stain it so if I mess is up again, then I don't have so much time and effort invested into it! When I am finished, IF I remember, I will take pictures and post them of the before and after of my half wall.
13 July 2010
Home Improvement Project of the Week
Posted by Barry, Vicki and the boys at 9:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment