CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

29 July 2012

Christmas in July

I know it is only July, but I cannot help it, I am starting to think of Christmas presents! I know what we are giving the husband's dad and 2 of his brothers. They are getting blankets that I will make out of fleece and windbreaker material. I made a one last year to keep me warm at soccer games and track meets. Michael liked my blanket so much, he wanted one for himself for track meets. This spring was very cold! To cold to be standing around waiting to run in shorts so I made him one that he took everywhere. He was the hit of the team because his blanket was the warm one. I think the ones I make for Barry's dad and brothers will have quilt batting in the middle to make them even warmer.
For the rest of the husband's adult family, I think I might do a breakfast basket of mixes - pancake mix, muffin mix, and waffle mix. I make all of these from scratch at my house so throwing the ingredients in a pretty jar would be easy and inexpensive. (Always a plus in my world!!) The nephews are a problem. They hate homemade stuff and I refuse to spend money on store bought stuff for them. The store bought stuff always seems to fall apart or break on Christmas so I feel it was a waste of money. I will have to think about it and search online for some great kid present ideas. If you know any great ideas please share!
That leaves Barry's Nanny. She is 93. What do you give to a women who has everything? Last year I made macrame hanging plant holders. The year before it was a homemade fleece blanket. The year before that it was pictures of the kids. I don't remember what it was before that. I will have to search for an idea for her also.
As you can see, I need to start thinking about Christmas in July because there is so much to do. I prefer to just give the kids stuff, but his family isn't like that. If I even suggested it......... well, I will leave that to your imagination.

0 comments: